Popular Posts

Tuesday 6 December 2011

It's cold.

I was waiting for the kettle to boil so I went in to look at the fire die for a minute.
So I was sitting there and I thought up the first 3 stanza's of a crappy poem, it's really really simple since I made it in like 20 minutes but I hope you like the creepy fantasy-ish-ness of it. (When I think of poetry I generally think of Poe, so I'm going to link a few poe things at the end). So I took my tea up to my bed and did the rest, only after taking a picture of the fire on my phone, really doesn't capture what it looked like but fuck it, it's a photo.

As I look at fire.

As I sit and look at fire,
I think of something rather dire,
of people living long ago,
slowly dying to freezing snow.

While they lie and await their fate,
they see a light that gives them faith,
but time is running much too late.
Shudder, no, all is just a lie.

When sight is gone to frozen eyes,
they think they hear an angel's crys,
but it was just the winds' goodbyes.
Shudder no, all is just a lie.

Their parents mourn their children lost,
their bravery had such a cost.
The cost their children lost to frost.
Shudder no, all is just a lie.

Their friends are sad they had to go,
but other friends they'll come to know,
soon they'll forget the pain deaths sow.
Shudder no, all is just a lie.

Though dead I do still linger near
where once I lived it's rather queer
as I see noone living here.
Shudder no, all is just a lie.

As I sit and look at fire,
I think of something rather dire.
All my life will pass me by.
Shudder, no, all is just a lie.



Here's some Poe poem's which I really liked for the JC:
I wrote a few lil crappy poems when I was in JC year that I might root out and stick up here at some stage.
Also might stick a diary entry or 2 from when I was that age in for the crack. Probably won't though since they're all so embarrassingly lame.

2 comments:

  1. PUT YOUR DIARY UP!!!! DO IT! I briefly kept a diary when I was eleven. It was along the lines of "I think I like John. John's so fit."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, you can't mention that you have diary entries and then not put them up!!!

    ReplyDelete