Popular Posts

Sunday 3 February 2013

Still Alive

Heya.

I haven't been bothered to write in this lately, because usually I only write on this when I have something on my mind.
Lately I've been feeling especially happy for no apparent reason other than I want to feel happy.
I was listening to this song by Lily Allen in work.


And it got me to thinking.
I used to think I'm a vaguely depressed person. Not like a problem or anything, just more like, what's the point at life and everythings a bit shit really etc. But I also am aware that most people feel like that.
So listening to this song got me thinking about how a lot of people are on anti-depressants. So I thought for literally about half a second, "Would I want anti-depressants?", and instantly my brain replied "fuck no, fuck that.", which I take as a good sign. I really don't want to be one of those people who needs drugs just to feel normal, and it's not really feeling normal since you're on drugs. I'd much rather just change my outlook on life. Look at the positive things and don't worry about the bad things, because they are the way they are and that's just how it is. I was getting the dart home from work that day, it was dark and raining as I stood on the platform. Instead of thinking about the woes of bad weather I tried to find something nice in the situation. It wasn't hard. At all. The stadium nearby looked incredible. The unnatural browny/black colour to the sky around it from the street lights and city air was nearly magical. The amount of droplets of rain falling seemed incomprehensible. The people standing around talking in the rain chatting about work or people they know or their problems was a sign of how everybody has their own unique life, with their very own viewpoint on the world molded from their time on it. The universe will go on forever, but when each of these peoples' time comes their time will be up, and their unique life will be over forever, but new people will be born and they'll have their own life that will be just theirs. It goes on forever and it's always fresh.

So why not just be happy.

I've been listening to this girl lately.
I think she's amazing.

I love the story in this song.


I'm not crazy about the start of this song, but it's still a great song too.

This song is really sad and depressing and I'm not sure what it's about, but I kinda have to link it here since it's just so damn beautiful.

I was talking to these American girls on the dart the other day, they asked me for a line of boy advice, but we agreed later that you can never trust boy advice from boys. It was really random but fun.
It's funny how bad us Irish are at starting conversations with strangers.

Oh I'm off drink at the moment. Keepin' clean yo.
Throw me some stuff into my Formspring please.
Tell me something you're looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment