Popular Posts

Sunday 19 May 2013

Rap #2

YO. I mentioned this post AGES ago and said that some time in the future I'd put it up, I think we've traveled sufficiently far into the future so it's now definitely ambiguous who I had in mind when I wrote it. It's rated R for slightly Rude.

I had no battery on my phone nor anything really to keep me entertained on the dart home so I came up with this among others, but this was the one I put the most work in to. 
It's just a verse and then the chorus.

It makes no sense,
I'm smitten through her absence,
I want us to take absinthes,
and see whatever happens.
See some girls are just tap-ins
but she's a 40 foot shot
that I'd be so happy if I got
but I never fuckin' will
cos I make her fuckin' ill
'Imagine kissing James,
man that makes me fucking sick,
imagine all the places that he want to put his dick.'
Although in reality I don't know what this girl thinks,
her words are riddles, she's my personal sphinx.
If I had to guess I'd say she thinks:
'He seems pretty meek,
but I bet if I looked under the covers,
I'd find out he's a freak.'

Eh I can't actually remember the chorus, it had a nice tune which you obviously never would have heard so no loss really. It was something equally depressing.

I was reading through a list of all the labels I've put into this DOCS as I side-tracked looking for this old rhyme. Friends, Teddy Bears and Crayons seem to be a recurring theme. Frogs slightly too. Bit weird, friends makes sense because I'm writing this for my friends to read, but the others kinda surprised me. Maybe Teddy Bears because I write this when I'm going to sleep so generally am tired. Crayons? Anyone any idea? Maybe because I feel like this is slightly my creative outlet so crayons? I don't buy that though. And frogs well, frogs can just go get fucked I've no idea where they come from. Well, obviously I know where ACTUAL frogs come from. Tadpoles. See. Yes yes. Quite.

I decided to write today because someone left me this message:
"you sound a bit down james.": I thought I definitely came off a bit down from the last post. I nearly wrote again the next day because I hadn't intended to be so glum. It was just hangover / dread of having to go to work. I'm sufficiently happy and my mother re-assures me (I hate when she says this but she always brings it up) that you're never going to enjoy any job whatsoever unless you're like my dad who enjoys everything and since I don't find everything interesting I just have to suck it up and slave for the man. I disagree somewhat, I'm too young to resign to the thought there can't be a job I'd be happy to get up in the morning for.

"do speed-dating ON SPEED" : Great idea, but no. Definitely no. Terrible idea really. I've never taken speed and I really don't think that would be a good time to dabble with it, and honestly I don't ever plan on it.

"get back into drawsomething! it's drawesome.": No thanks, I had my fun and it's over now. Exams are over now. All about snapchat now!

"when cycling, how do you stop bugs from flying into your mouth/eyes": I close my eyes if I see them coming, otherwise I just take it like a man. And I eat them when they go into my mouth, they're snacks to keep me going. I think I generally breathe through my nose actually when I cycle because I got a fly up my nose the other day when cycling and that was a horrible, horrible feeling.

This is a pretty lovely 8tracks playlist if you're okay with the cover picture having a topless woman in it. Embers of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment