Popular Posts

Friday 27 February 2015

Baffled

I've been feeling a little bit "baffled" by computers lately. It's incredible that I can type some keys on this box which makes the machine parts inside the computer which are whizzing around do specific things, sending loads of signals all around the place inside it, reading and setting bits and sending them off to the internet. I don't even have to worry about that crap, but I can make use of it. It's really fucking amazing how well people can build upon existing knowledge.

People are so good at using things we don't understand. I'd imagine the majority of people don't have too much of a clue how an engine works, but they can still drive cars. It feels like the world completely revolves around computers, maybe too much so, but is that maybe just because I work with computers? I spend my WHOLE friggin' time on them. I'd love to play more music, draw more, spend more time playing with animals and doing sports, but I seem to just spend everyday working on a computer, then playing on a computer, then watching a movie on a computer and then maybe even writing a blog post on one before sleeping. It's pretty gross.

There was this weird thing I couldn't avoid on the internet today. Some bullshit about gold/white looking blue/black depending on the brightness you've been looking at. I didn't give a shit but I was bombarded by it unavoidably all day. It's crazy how easily media can be forced upon people. It gives me a very 1984 feeling. Especially for Russia. But then maybe that's only because that's how our governments want us to feel about them, which brings us back to being the ones living under propaganda. I think both sides are probably guilty a bit, but not so much as either side would have you believe of the other. One of my friends is Ukrainian though and he is quite insistent Russia is terrible and backwards and so corrupt, but he also says people from Eastern Ukraine are quite pro-Russia, so where does that leave things... It seems vaguely like there is a risk of a wider war, but then I think that also is bargaining power for trade deals, which could be the real reason underlying everything and there is no real risk of war.
It's worrying anyway.

Got sidetracked there reading an article on a Russian opposition leader who was assassinated tonight.

I should sleep.

I'm half thinking of writing a short story. A proper one that takes a while to read. I haven't fully thought it out yet though. I just sort of want something creative to be doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOL7aeIDruA

No comments:

Post a Comment